× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple ReadyNAS UPS (SNMP) Communications

thebajaguy
Aspirant

Multiple ReadyNAS UPS (SNMP) Communications

I recently programmed in the APC UPS SNMP settings for my multiple off-site readyNAS units. I have found that the 5 ReadyNAS units that access a single UPS unit, with an AP9617 card on it, seem to occasionally lose connectivity with the card, and never recover until I disable and then re-program the IP address in. The other 2 readyNAS units in the group access a second SNMP card (an ap9631) and never lose connection (an 8th unit is on a third UPS, with an AP9617,and no issues there). I think the multiple host polling is driving the AP9617 card or the UPS monitor service nutty (Pun NOT intended). Anyone have any thoughts on this? It doesn't look like a ReadyNAS will host the UPS service out (relay of the UPS status to other units) unless the UPS is connected via USB (which is not an option here). All are on the latest 4.2.19 update.

The ap9631 firmware is on sumx/aos v5.1.6, the ap9617's are on sumx v3.7.2/aos v3.7.3
Message 1 of 2
thebajaguy
Aspirant

Re: Multiple ReadyNAS UPS (SNMP) Communications

Quick testing update - I put 6 units to poll on the AP9631 card, no issues all afternoon. I wonder if the AP9617 card(s) are not happy with a lot of polling.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements