× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS 214 PC Folder Backup Very Incomplete

jj102
Aspirant

NAS 214 PC Folder Backup Very Incomplete

I restored my RN214 ReadyNAS to factory settings, and I'm trying to start over with backing up my PC. My intent is to create a backup on the NAS of a PC folder that contains most of everything I create on my PC. Any time I make a change on my PC, within this folder, I'd like to see that change reflected on the NAS.

I used the Backup PC Folder function at the bottom of the ReadyCLOUD PC app, and my newly-created backup folder shows "Synchonized," with a green checkmark (I set up the backup yesterday and it was finished some time overnight). The icon in the folder shows the one-way backup, rather than a two-way sync, which is fine for my purposes. The problem is that when I look in the Admin Page > Shares, a LOT of my data did not get backed up to the NAS, including several folders within the folder I selected for backup. Much data is missing within each folder.

How can I make sure the ENTIRE CONTENTS of a PC folder gets backed up to my NAS?

Thanks.

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements