× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR RN10400 admin panel and folders not available - looking for paid support

Cooperr87
Aspirant

NETGEAR RN10400 admin panel and folders not available - looking for paid support

Hi All,

Couple of days ago i my nas stopped me from access the folders via windows explorer, telling me was unavailable, i then went to the admin panel, logged in via my browser it then told me there was an update, i stupidly thought this might resolve my issues with file explorer however all that happened was that now when i go to my admin it just loads for ages on the netgear screen, then tells me it cant access it. my nas is full of family photos and videos that are irreplaceable and i'd rather have support from someone that knows the device in and out but i cant see anywhere that i can pay netgear for such a service, also i've tried to reg my product, but it tells me its not valid for my country so i cant even use the official means to get support!! please help!

Regards

Rob

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 17
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NETGEAR RN10400 admin panel and folders not available - looking for paid support

@Cooperr87

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked the status of the NAS on RAIDar? Did the NAS booted normally after the update and what version? If it's not booting or stuck on booting you may want to try accessing the Boot menu and set it to Tech Support mode if possible then contact Support so they can assist you on escalating the case. Your device is registered under your Email so you should be able to create a case through my.netgear.com.

If it's not booting and not accessing the Boot menu, You will need to perform USB Recovery. This procedure should not affect your data but you have to be careful on following the steps. IMO, contacting Support and getting a contract like Pay-per-Incident contract would be best if you are not comfortable on performing the procedures. Also, if the status on RAIDar is normal you may want to try clearing your browsing data and try to reload the page. Access to data might be because of IP address change which will show on RAIDar.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 17
Cooperr87
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR RN10400 admin panel and folders not available - looking for paid support

Hi Marc

Thanks for your reply, it does find my device, and stats and healthy via RAIDar, it boots up normally goes to 100% on the devices screen. if i visit the ip in my browser, i can try and log in and up till today it would just load the netgear screen then say there's a problem, but today i've tried and sometimes it lets me sometimes it doesnt, sometimes when it loads it takes a while for it all to finish loading. also Windows still doesnt see the folders via explorer.

I just asked RAIDar to rescan and now it does see my device.

Regards

Rob

Message 3 of 17
Cooperr87
Aspirant

RAIDar Doesnt* see my device anymore (after rescan) sorry

Message 4 of 17
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Cooperr87

So the IP is still the same, You can login at times and RAIDar is not seeing the device.

Where you able to download the full logs? If you have or if you can download it, kindly send it to me via PM using Google drive if possible.

Regards

Message 5 of 17
Cooperr87
Aspirant

Hi Marc,

Yes same IP, however it doesnt always find the device via RAIDar and equally it doesnt always let me log in the controls via browser. RAIDar can see the device at the moment however when i request log download it sticks on 0% for a minute then tells me download has fail.

Regards

Rob

Message 6 of 17
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Cooperr87

Can you try doing an OS-Reinstall

This will reset a few settings including your Password and the IP configuration.

Regards

Message 7 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

This will reset a few settings including your Password and the IP configuration.

The admin password is reset to password

The IP configuration is reset to use DHCP with no NIC bonding

It will also turn off volume quota (on the volume settings wheel).

It shouldn't affect your share configuration or data.

Message 8 of 17
Cooperr87
Aspirant

Hi Marc,

Can i remove my drives before this process? im worried about data loss, or will this affect the process?

I hold down the reset button then select OS-reinstall correct?

Regards

Rob

Message 9 of 17
Sandshark
Sensei

"OS reinstall" installes the OS to the drives.  So, no, you cannot remove them.

If you are worried about your data when doing this, you should be worried about your data at all times.  There is an old IT saying:  "If you only have one copy of it, you must not think it's important."

In other words, you need to establish backup.  While this is normally a safe procedure, things can go wrong.

Message 10 of 17
Cooperr87
Aspirant

Hi Marc,

Attempted the reinstall of the OS but i cant even get the menu to come up on screen when holding the button down at the back, it just doesn't do anything, as if the button doesnt even work. Whats the next step? can i not just pay for support and sort this quicker?

Regards

Rob

Message 11 of 17
Cooperr87
Aspirant

Sandshark,

This is my RAID backup, thats why i spent the money i did on the ReadyNAS

Message 12 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@Cooperr87 wrote:

This is my RAID backup, thats why i spent the money i did on the ReadyNAS

Understood.  @Sandshark is (correctly) saying that RAID isn't enough to keep your data safe.

It might be RAID protected storage, but it's not a backup unless you have a copy of the data elsewhere.

Message 13 of 17
Cooperr87
Aspirant

Once i get this sorted i'll get another readynas 😛

Message 14 of 17
Cooperr87
Aspirant

Hi Marc,

Attempted the reinstall of the OS but i cant even get the menu to come up on screen when holding the button down at the back, it just doesn't do anything, as if the button doesnt even work.

Regards

Rob

Message 15 of 17
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Cooperr87

Can you try doing USB Recovery this time?

Regards

Message 16 of 17
Cooperr87
Aspirant

Hi Marc,

Have been away, will try the USB recovery over the next couple of days, im unfamilar with the process so i will read up.

Regards

Rob

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements