× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NV+ V2 Power Timer not working

hoppingdeth
Aspirant

NV+ V2 Power Timer not working

Hi Guys

New owner of a NV+V2 after using Duos for years. Great device, but having odd problems with the power timer.

I have the timer set to come on at 7am and switch off at midnight, but it doesn't switch off and instead stays on.

Logs show "System is up" at around 7:01am each morning and at midnight shows the "System power-on scheduled for 04/13/2013 07:00" (for example), but its stays on and doesn't power down.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NV+ V2 Power Timer not working

What version of RAIDiator?

Can you download the system logs (System > Info > Download Logs), extract the zip contents and post the contents of bios_ver.log
Message 2 of 8
hoppingdeth
Aspirant

Hi mdgn

RAIDiator verison 5.3.7

bios_ver.log shows:
U-Boot 1.1.4 (Feb 6 2012 - 14:42:36) Marvell version: 3.4.27
Netgear version: Uboot-1_1_4-NetgearNV+V4-V1008 If U-Boot Endiannes is going to change (LE->BE or BE->LE), Then Env parameters should be overriden..
Message 3 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you install 5.3.7 over the top of itself then try again.
Message 4 of 8
hoppingdeth
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion mdgm. Tried that first thing this morning but it didn't change the behaviour I'm afraid. I set it up to come on half an hour after I did the update and shut it down, but the power timer didn't start it up. So it looks like the power timer is simply not working for me on start up or shut down.

Do you think it is faulty hardware? I've only had the server for about 2 months. Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem?
Message 5 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What does your bios_ver.log look like now?
Message 6 of 8
hoppingdeth
Aspirant

Hi mdgm

Thanks for your help. Contrary to my reply, it does look like its working now. Shut down last night and started up this morning - ok.

bios_ver now says:

U-Boot 1.1.4 (Feb 6 2012 - 14:42:36) Marvell version: 3.4.27
Netgear version: Uboot-1_1_4-NetgearNV+V4-V1008 If U-Boot Endiannes is going to change (LE->BE or BE->LE), Then Env parameters should be overriden..

Thanks very much for your help.
Message 7 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I guess Re-installing the update must have fixed something that was corrupt in the OS.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements