× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NV and NV+ and now NVX owner

console1
Aspirant

NV and NV+ and now NVX owner

I bought NV when Infrant was in fremont, I had a power supply problem that they took care of it, NV+ when Netgear just acquired Infrant,
and NVX yesterday 🙂
keep the price down, my buddies have synology and qnap and constantly mentioned their features vs. my NV+/NVX feature.
Message 1 of 3
console1
Aspirant

Re: NV and NV+ and now NVX owner

NVX power supply failed last night. (NVX was in operation since March 2010 with no prior issues running 4 disks.)
I notice a smell of burned transformer, no light from LED/LCD when pressing power.
But there is a orange LED seems to be ON (when all disks removed, looking inside the NVX, the LED is located at the top of the box.

we have a power loss on Saturday, the UPS kept the NVX up for 30min, then eventually NVX shut it self off,
NVX automatically powered on when the power came back on after couple of hours on Saturday.
Sunday late night it went poof.

I reported it on my.netgear.com this morning and now waiting for an email reply.
Message 2 of 3
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: NV and NV+ and now NVX owner

When you get your tech support case number, I would start a new discussion in the Hardware and Hardware Compatibility section, adding your case number to the end of the subject line. This forum is for feedback, on products and feature addition requests. As such, a hardware failure discussion is not as likely to be observed here. When you have your problem resolved, you can come back to this discussion and add comments about the experience.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements