× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nas 140 disks removed, however healthy and data intact but cannot view

smugder0
Aspirant

Nas 140 disks removed, however healthy and data intact but cannot view

I have a RN10400 with 4 2 tb disks in it. Have not used for a few years and stupidly removed the disks updated the firmware and then put them back in again. Sadly i now know the data is on the disks however cannot access them.

`The disks are all showing as healthy they show the drive names and all show how much data is on them however i cannot view the folders and sub folders.

Can anyone please help

Cheers in anticipations

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Nas 140 disks removed, however healthy and data intact but cannot view

Can you access the web admin GUI?

Message 2 of 5
smugder0
Aspirant

yes i can access the web gui and can see that the drives are green and healthy as term is and also that ther eis the same data on the as in size of data however cannot view the drive contents as cannot view each individfual folder

Cheers 

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@smugder0 wrote:

yes i can access the web gui and can see that the drives are green and healthy as term is and also that ther eis the same data on the as in size of data however cannot view the drive contents as cannot view each individfual folder

Cheers 

Is the SMB protocol enabled on system->settings->services?

Have you tried downloading the log zip file from the logs page?  One option is to ask the mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) to analyze them.  Send them a PM (private message) using the envelope icon on the upper right of the forum page.  Include a downloadable link to the full log zip (stored in dropbox, google drive, etc).  Don't post the link publicly.

Also, do you recall what firmware you were running before you did the upgrade?

BTW, are you using XRAID?  Or are you using FlexRAID?

Message 4 of 5
smugder0
Aspirant

Hello there superstar

thank yoiu for your response. I have resolved the issue now and really didnt need any more interventions than turning off the computer, turning off the NAS drive, booting the computer back up first ???? then booting NAS drive and then all became clear as the blue sky and the sun just flowed from the horizon. 

As previous all data intact amnd all working even though disks inserted back into nays in wrong order. however at least no more problems and i am never goign to uncross my fingers again.

thank you kindly 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements