× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nas Ready Duo V1 - Can not connect to via Browser(s) SSL errors

PuyRobin
Aspirant

Nas Ready Duo V1 - Can not connect to via Browser(s) SSL errors

Hello,

Nas Ready Duo V1 firmware up to date.

Can not connect to ReadyNAS  SSL  errors, I see many others with the same problem and no real answer. If anyone has managed to over come this please post a walk thought for us non tech savvy folks. Apart from the a both problem it is serving me we and I can not afford to replace it.

Regards

Puy

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Nas Ready Duo V1 - Can not connect to via Browser(s) SSL errors

@PuyRobin wrote:

Can not connect to ReadyNAS  SSL  errors, I see many others with the same problem and no real answer.

More info is here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Workaround-for-ERR-SSL-VERSION-OR-CIPHER...  Although you might not be able to follow it all.

Simplest workarounds are

1. Use Internet Explorer (windows), as it still will connect.
  2. Use Edge (windows) in IE mode.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/450116/how-to-enable-ie-mode-on-microsoft-edge.ht...
  3. Download an old version of FireFox - 94.0.2 will work.  Immediately reconfigure it to prevent it from auto updating.

A more complicated workaround is to modify virtual.conf.  Instructions are in the workaround thread.  This does require more skills, so it might not be for you.

@PuyRobin wrote:

Nas Ready Duo V1 firmware up to date.

it is serving me well and I can not afford to replace it.

Netgear stopped selling it in 2011, and the final firmware was released in 2017.  At some point it will fail, so you should figure out a path to replace it.  Cloud storage might be one option, though there is a monthly cost. 

Message 2 of 4
PuyRobin
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply and pointers.

Well that seems to be a waste of time, as it make no differents in Brave. am I miss something ?

Puy

Untitled.png

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@PuyRobin wrote:

Thanks for the reply and pointers.

Well that seems to be a waste of time, as it make no differents in Brave. am I miss something ?

Puy

Untitled.png

Looks like you added a RewriteRule (even though the engine is off).  So try deleting that or commenting it out..

I'd also start by testing with Chrome or FireFox.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements