× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need help with registering a used readynas 104

caramoon
Aspirant

Need help with registering a used readynas 104

As the title states i recently purchased this Nas from a IT shop in my local area which was shutting down, but when i try to register it has been registered already by the previous owner.

Am i totally screwed here with no other option or is there a way to do this? , i detest the call centres and their unhelpful read from a script routine and no email account is found for support.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Need help with registering a used readynas 104

@caramoon wrote:

As the title states i recently purchased this Nas from a IT shop in my local area which was shutting down, but when i try to register it has been registered already by the previous owner.

Unfortunately you cannot register a pre-owned ReadyNAS. There is no warranty, and Netgear will not provide paid support either.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@caramoon wrote:

Unfortunately you cannot register a pre-owned ReadyNAS. There is no warranty, and Netgear will not provide paid support either.
Message 2 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can however still seek help on the community here. Are you having a problem with the RN104?

Message 3 of 5
caramoon
Aspirant

Thankfully no problems and thank you guys for the replies.
Message 4 of 5
JBDragon1
Virtuoso

Ya, I had the same issue trying to Register my used ReadyNAS 516.  I got it for half the price of a new one.  It works great, so I'm not going to worry to much about it.  Kind of the price you pay buy a used device.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements