× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need new router

Typhoon1
Aspirant

Need new router

Hi all!

My router are broke and I need a new one that is very compatible to my ReadyNas Ultra+. Anyone have any super good idea on the best router today?
Message 1 of 8
Typhoon1
Aspirant

Re: Need new router

I was reading about Netgear WNDR3700 and it seems to be compatible to my ReadyNas Ultra... Anyone know if this is the best one?
Message 2 of 8
WhoCares_
Mentor

Need new router

Afaik Netgear came up with the WNDR4500 just recently which should provide the same wired network functionality but offers higher speeds on wireless.

-Stefan
Message 3 of 8
Typhoon1
Aspirant

It looks nice but it don't seem to be released yet...
Message 4 of 8
Typhoon1
Aspirant

Anyone know? Or any other idea of a good router?
Do all the WNDR-routers work fine with ReadyNas Ultra+?
Message 5 of 8
PapaBear1
Guide

To be honest, I only have experience with two routers. My original Linksys WRT54GS and my current Netgear WNR-2000 when I wanted to try an inexpensive 802.11n router. (It is a refurbished model and has worked fine for over two years). Since both of these routers have only 100MB/s ports, I only have the printers connected via ethernet to it along with a Netgear GS108 switch to which the ReadyNAS units and my desktops are connected to get the 1000MB/s speed between the NAS units and my desktops.

I have not heard of any problems with any current Netgear router with the Netgear NAS units, nor have I heard of any problems with a Linksys router either. Most of the router problems seem to be the combo units provided by telecoms rather than a stand alone modem to which you connect your own router.
Message 6 of 8
Typhoon1
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your answer. I will give WNDR-4000 a try and hopefully it will work fine with the Ultra+.
Message 7 of 8
ahpsi1
Tutor

FYI the WNDR4500 shoud be released tomorrow (ast least that is what Amazon says -> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KG44V0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d2_g147_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_...) so you might want to wait. I just bought a WNDR4000 and while it's very fast and connects all my equipment nicely it requires a reboot every few days where the old one (a Clark Connect unit) would run for months.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements