× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear - RN42800 and Iron Wolf

MarcHermitte
Aspirant

Netgear - RN42800 and Iron Wolf

Hello! I own a Ready Nas 6 bays for a very long time and I just bought the Netgear  RN42800-100NES , 8 bays to expand my capacities and backup my old Server.

I was just about to order Seagate Iron Worlf 8To hard drives when I noticed on the seagate website that the netgear NAS series weren't on the compatibility list.

I contacted seagate support and was told that I had to check with the NAS company.

COuld anyone tell me if the Iron Wolf drives are compatible with my new netgear NAS? (RN42800 8 x bays)

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Netgear - RN42800 and Iron Wolf

Welcome to the forum!

@MarcHermitte wrote:

COuld anyone tell me if the Iron Wolf drives are compatible with my new netgear NAS? (RN42800 8 x bays)

Ironwolf drives are compatible with all OS 6 ReadyNAS.   There is an HCL here: https://kb.netgear.com/20641/ReadyNAS-Hard-Disk-Compatibility-List

Your RN428 isn't listed yet (it's a new platform), but the RN424 is listed and it is the same (just has fewer bays). 

BTW, I just forwarded the HCL issue on to Netgear.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Netgear - RN42800 and Iron Wolf

Welcome to the forum!

@MarcHermitte wrote:

Ironwolf drives are compatible with all OS 6 ReadyNAS.   There is an HCL here: https://kb.netgear.com/20641/ReadyNAS-Hard-Disk-Compatibility-List

Your RN428 isn't listed yet (it's a new platform), but the RN424 is listed and it is the same (just has fewer bays). 

BTW, I just forwarded the HCL issue on to Netgear.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements