× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Ready NAS NV+ upgrade to Readynas RN104, Is there a way to just swap disks ?

AH64D
Follower

Netgear Ready NAS NV+ upgrade to Readynas RN104, Is there a way to just swap disks ?

Hi,

My ReadyNas NV+ RND4000 v3, FW v4.1.7  has died - may just be the power supply as I had to fit an ATX power supply to it a few years ago when the original failed. I've bought a RN10400, FW v6.2.0, in the hope of just swapping disks, unfortunately that's generating a 'Used Disk' error.  Is there a way to use my old drives in the RN104 without formatting them? Can I get the data from the old NV+ disks without having to get the NV+ back to life?

Thanks

Gerry

Model: ReadyNAS RND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only,RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Ready NAS NV+ upgrade to Readynas RN104, Is there a way to just swap disks ?

Hi @AH64D

Welcome to the Community!

Sure there is a way and it's simple as following the steps in this article but you would need NETGEAR Support assistance for Data Recovery service to properly mount your old disks and have your data accessible.

Used Disk error usually shows up when the NAS detected a used disk or bad disk but you should not have inserted it right away on your RN104.

Please note that if you have inserted your old disks and a Factory reset/Format has been done, Data loss is inevitable. I don't think there's a Format happened already so I think your data is still safe.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Ready NAS NV+ upgrade to Readynas RN104, Is there a way to just swap disks ?

Hi @AH64D

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements