× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Ready NAS NV+

nattaboy
Aspirant

Netgear Ready NAS NV+

Hi I am trying to fix and issue with a firends NV+ V1. 4.1.16 I am getting firmware errors and kernel panic issues. They have not backed up. 

Initially stuck on boot then Disc 2 crashed and replaced. Disc 2 didn't seem to sync but showed up in web interface. Disc 1 and 3 then showing as 0 space zero data. Sync option greyed out. NAS was accessable and some files could be read and copied but not always opened. During trying to back up the files system crashed.  on reboot got kernel panic took out disc 3 then got firmware error. Tried firware reset but same issue. Tried booting from usb following guide but continued ot get firmware error. Took all discs out and put spare drive into slot 1 all working. Put drives back in same errors. took all HD out. Put spare disc in slot 2 firmware updated adn system up and running. So my question is now if I were to put disc 1 back in slot one would this wipe all info on the disc 1?

Disc 1 and 3 have been checked with sea tools no errors

Model: ReadyNAS RND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Netgear Ready NAS NV+

If you had a 3-disk XRAID set up, then you can't resync with one disk missing.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@nattaboy wrote:

So my question is now if I were to put disc 1 back in slot one would this wipe all info on the disc 1?

It shouldn't (if you put it back with the NAS powered down).  But you've done a lot of disk manipulation, so it's hard to be definitive.

You might consider data recovery, the more things you try the more damage can be done to the data.  Netgear has a recovery service ( https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service ), some users have had good luck with ReclaiMe.

Message 2 of 6
nattaboy
Aspirant

Thanks for your response. So to be sure. The new disc is in slot 2. The sytem is up and running on latest firmware.  I shut down leave the disc in slot 2 put the disc with the firmware error into slot 1 and let it sync?  

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Well, it's not clear to me what it would sync with.  The original disks 3 and 4 are still in the system?

Message 4 of 6
nattaboy
Aspirant

There were only 3 discs in the system. 

When ever I put Disc 3 in back in  I get a kenel panic on reboot. 

At the moment there is only disc 1 and 2 in so if it started to sync would that be wiping disc 1?

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

If you had a 3-disk XRAID set up, then you can't resync with one disk missing.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements