× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network Access 'Pauses' Periodically (ReadyOS 6.10.2)

kerrin29
Aspirant

Network Access 'Pauses' Periodically (ReadyOS 6.10.2)

I recently had to reinstall my NasBox from scratch due to having all 4 disks failing.

I am using Flex-Raid, as I need on of my 2 mounts to be encrypted.

The issue I am having is that every 30 minutes (or sometime not for hours, and sometimes more often), the network connection to the server becomes unresponsive for a few seconds.

I have tried turning off all my apps, but the issue still occurs when they are not running.

I have the following services enabled:

SMB, NFS, UPnP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH

I have disabled: File search and anti-virus and all the other services.

I have disabled avahi, as that seemed to have high CPU usage around the time of the issue sometimes.

It's hard to see what is actually using CPU at the time, as I have no netwrok access while it is oiccuring.

It looks like readynasd also uses a lot of CPU sometimes.

I'm really stumpped at what is causing the issue, especially since it wasn't an issue prior to the complete reinstall (which happend about the time of the latest patch 6.10.2).

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204 4-Bay
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
kerrin29
Aspirant

Re: Network Access 'Pauses' Periodically (ReadyOS 6.10.2)

I think I solved the problem. And it was really dumb.

The network cable wasn't all the way in. It took my over month to find that issue. I pushed it in a few days aga, and I haven't had the issue since.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
kerrin29
Aspirant

Re: Network Access 'Pauses' Periodically (ReadyOS 6.10.2)

I think I solved the problem. And it was really dumb.

The network cable wasn't all the way in. It took my over month to find that issue. I pushed it in a few days aga, and I haven't had the issue since.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements