× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Pro 6 with "DDB18 power is out of normal range" error

ferg1
Guide

New Pro 6 with "DDB18 power is out of normal range" error

I've just purchased a Pro 6 and I'm getting the following error:

DDB18 power is out of normal range [expected: 1.80 current: 1.90].

I updated to the latest firmware (4.2.17) and did a system reset and it's still appearing.

Any recommendations other than open a support case?

Cheers
ferg
Message 1 of 10
ferg1
Guide

Re: New Pro 6 with "DDB18 power is out of normal range" err

Message 2 of 10
PapaBear1
Guide

You have 90 days of free technical support from the date of purchase. I would suggest calling tech support (you need to register first) and discuss it with them. Or, you could simply go ahead and contact the vendor and arrange to return it to them and get a new one.

I had problems setting up my first NVX and while tech support was going to give me an RMA number, they suggested returning the unit to the vendor for replacement, for if the vendor replaced the unit I would be getting a new unit, but if Netgear sent a replacement it would be a refurbished unit. (We then found out that it was the memory module not fully seated. Totally different situation from yours which sounds like a PSU problem).
Message 3 of 10
ferg1
Guide

Thanks.

I've opened a support request.

It's annoying as the error has been there since I first switched it on. I only received the unit hours ago! 🙂
Message 4 of 10
ferg1
Guide

Netgear Support confirmed that it's a hardware fault and needs to be RMA'd. Annoyingly the supplier need the item to be returned to them for testing before they will ship a new one. Even though as far as I'm concerned it was DOA. They better have a quick turnaround.
Message 5 of 10
PapaBear1
Guide

That is unusual. Who is the vendor?
Message 6 of 10
ferg1
Guide

Hi,

The supplier is http://www.scan.co.uk/ - Scan computers. I've had great service in the past from them as well. They are also now quoting 3/5 days average turnaround for RMAs. So it looks like a week for the RMA even though it was DOA 😞

I'm contrasting this with a laptop drive that failed for me on Monday. With a local supplier turnaround time was an hour. I was hoping that with a business class product (ReadyNas Pro 6 is business class right?) I'd get better service.

Oh well. You live and learn.
Message 7 of 10
ferg1
Guide

oh and I should add they gave me the option of purchasing a new one, shipping that, collecting the old one and if it did turn out faulty then they would refund the cost.
Message 8 of 10
PapaBear1
Guide

How kind of them.

Of course different retailers do have different policies. I'm not sure that Netgear's RMA process would have been much faster. Of course it is always nicer to do business with a local vendor, but unless you are in a major city, regardless of country, it is unlikely you would have a local vendor that carries ReadyNAS units. It does sorta take the bloom of the new toy though.

I have a friend who purchased a refurbished laptop through a major online vendor here in the U.S. and he complained to me that it was exceedingly slow. I looked at it and it was dog slow. I was suspicious of the hard drive, so I cloned it onto a spare I had. Voila, the laptop performed up to specs. He has been going back and forth with the vendor because they didn't want the whole laptop returned, they were just going to send him a new HD. He has been waiting for two months. Of course he is up and running (with my HD).
Message 9 of 10
ferg1
Guide

I thought I'd add an update that it's now a week since they picked up the faulty unit. They keep telling me that they will ship it, but no unit has arrived. It's also now a 3 day weekend in the UK so I doubt I will see this unit before the middle of next week. I've asked them to refund my credit card.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements