× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No IP address

smahrff
Aspirant

No IP address

Hi - I've had the RN214 set up for about a year. Haven't used it in a while. Logged on today and it says 'No IP address'. I've done a hard and soft shut down, swapped the cables, tried both LAN ports, restarted the modem and router, but no luck. I've read the other articles on similar topics but can't get it to work. 

Any help? I need the dummy's guide. 

Thanks in advance

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: No IP address

@smahrff wrote:

Hi - I've had the RN214 set up for about a year. Haven't used it in a while. Logged on today and it says 'No IP address'.

Something a bit confusing here, since you couldn't have logged on if it had no IP address.

What is RAIDar telling you?  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Maybe post a screen shot of it's status page.

Message 2 of 4
smahrff
Aspirant

Thanks and sorry for being vague. 

I logged into ReadyCloud and it says 'ReadyNAS is offline. Check power and internet connectivity'.

The ReadyNAS says 'No IP Address'.

I used RAIDar and it says "RAIDar could not find any NETGEAR storage on your network. Check that your storage device is powered on and connected correctly. For more help, visit http://my.netgear.com."

The unit is plugged in via an ethernet cable to the modem (as above I have used both ports and swapped the cable a few times but no luck). I am logged on to the Wifi presently. 

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Check the LEDS at the gateway (cable modem) and the NAS for activity.  Also try a different port on the gateway (if you haven't done that already).

If there is no activity, and changing gateway ports doesn't help, then likely the NIC failed.  I suggest checking the warranty status (should be 3 years for the original purchaser), and if you are still covered request an RMA from my.netgear.com.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements