× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Volume Exists after power outage Readynas Ultra2 Radiator 4

sansom
Follower

No Volume Exists after power outage Readynas Ultra2 Radiator 4

I've had a Readynas Ultra 2 with 2 WDC WD30EFRX-68AX9N0 2794 GB drives. It has been running great for years. Last night we experienced a power outage and today when I try accessing the NAS I get a message that "No Volume Exists".

Help please!

Model: RNDU2000|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: No Volume Exists after power outage Readynas Ultra2 Radiator 4

@sansom

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked RAIDar for the current status of the NAS? While it is possible that the drives were affected due to the power outage, there is also a chance that the array only went out of sync rendering the volume inactive. It is best to check if you can still download the logs and send it to us through PM. But contacting Support would be the best option do, this is to get Support to assist you on recovering the array and data. Note that you may have to purchase a Per Incident contract or Data recovery contract depending on the diagnosis.

You can also purchase the contract by logging into your portal at my.netgear.com using the credentials where your device is registered.

HTH

Message 2 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sansom

It seems your array got out of sync, logs shows you still have md0 and md1. It would be best to contact Support so they can assist you on getting it synced and return back to normal. I sent you a PM regarding your device registration.

HTH

Message 3 of 4
csansom
Aspirant

So I went online and purchased the Gearhead support subscription for $89.99. Was that not the right option? You said I may need a Data Recovery contract? I PM'd you that even after purchasing the Gearhead subscription when I get to the point of clicking 'My Answer is Not Listed, I Want To Contact Support', it just tells me my warranty is expired and I need to purchase a Gearhead subscription (which I already did).

Model: RNDU2000|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Chassis only
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements