× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OS6 on a legacy device in 2018.

Mr StephenB,

i followed your advice and took a look at the par-thing and downloaded MultiPar and it is a lovely program, i use it now for all verified folders.

Are there any settings i should be extra careful with? I want a single file that can verify a whole directory and i have figured that out.

I put the redundancy to 0% since i just want to be able to verify, the NAS should’nt fail me but just in case.

Perhaps some redundancy should be selected? If so, how much?

This shouldn’t be necessary since the NAS itself should be safe with RAID6 and so on.
Message 26 of 29
StephenB
Guru

@PerfectOnline wrote:
On my little Duo it is in: Home/Network/Interfaces/Show errors

Ok.   Just download the log zip file and look in network_settings.log  That will show you the same stats.

@PerfectOnline wrote:

Does network errors always equal corrupted files?

No.  SMB uses TCP/IP (as do most file sharing protocols).  Network errors will result in re-transmissions of the data, so usually the files aren't corrupted.  If the connection times out due to the errors, then a file might not be completely sent, and in that case it would be corrupted.

Still, if you are are seeing a lot of network errors you should figure out the cause and fix it.

Message 27 of 29

Firmware 6.10.0 installed and it seems to be working flawlessly so far, in case anyone is still rocking a RNDU6000.
Message 28 of 29
StephenB
Guru

@PerfectOnline wrote:
Firmware 6.10.0 installed and it seems to be working flawlessly so far, in case anyone is still rocking a RNDU6000.

Thanks for following up - it's helpful to get confirmation that new firmware works on legacy NAS.

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements