× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Offline nas

C3ris
Aspirant

Offline nas

Hi

When i press the power button, the device displays "NETGEAR Storage Welcome_" and gets stuck there. I momentarily see number 1 HD light (green) and goes off and at the same time I see "Act" light for a few seconds and then i only have a device with thw aforementioned message stuck on its screen and the power button flashing blue. I can find and connect only one folder out of several. The raidar repots the device as offline. I can not reset the device since it does not give me any options after turning the power on while pressing the reset button, just gets stuck on the same message. Please help 

Message 1 of 14
StephenB
Guru

Re: Offline nas

What NAS do you have and what firmware is it running?

Contacting Netgear support is probably the fastest way to resolve this.

Message 2 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello C3ris,

I've some questions to ask, please see below:

• What is the model number of the NAS?
  • What is the firmware version?
  • How many disks are inserted?
  • Are the disks empty, no partition and new?
  • Is it connected to a router/switch?

Regards,

Message 3 of 14
C3ris
Aspirant

• What is the model number of the NAS?  nas31400
  • What is the firmware version? I think the latest, over 6.1....
  • How many disks are inserted? 4
  • Are the disks empty, no partition and new? No, they were on a RAID 10 configuration and the directory structure looked like this:
    • home
      • admin (this has a red x on it, I can see it in windows explorer even if the NAS is shut down so I guess is some kind of offline folder but i cannot access it since windows say i have norights or something
      • c3ris  (this one i do not  still have access, and I can see/manipulate data even if the NAS is shut down so I guess is some kind of offline folder
    •  photos - LOST
    • music videos - LOST
    • etc - LOST
  • Is it connected to a router/switch? yes with an ip of 192.168.1.50
  • I think that my house experienced a severe power surge (i was away for some days) which destroyed the splitter connected to the router. Since my nas has the ability to power on automatically when the power comes on after a disruption it must have been on during this surge 
  • Finally i have to say that I was using a USB with a safety key to secure the NAS. 

Message 4 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello C3ris,

When did you update the firmware? 6.6.1 has been released just recently. Please check if you can download the logs through RAIDar then send it including the link to this topic and a summary of the issue. I hope you do have backup of the data as it appears to be a possible data recovery.

How's the HDD LEDs and what does it say on the RAIDar about the HDDs?

Regards,

Message 5 of 14
C3ris
Aspirant

Hi

I do not really remember details about the updates, i just know that every time i was prompted to update, I did plus I usually have these things to auto-pdate. RAIDar does not see the NAS even when it is powered on (of course it is stuck on "Welcome ...). Moreover i can not do a reset (power off - press reset with a pin - power on), i mean i do it but nothing happens (still stuck on "Welcome...") I am considering a motherboard fault? As for HDD LEDs i momentarily see nuber 1 go green briefly and nothing else (then Act lights and goes off, and Power button continues blinking blue). I am lost....   

Message 6 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello C3ris,

I see, then I guess it is best you contact support. I checked your profile and your ReadyNAS unit it entitled to lifetime CHAT support.

Regards,

Message 7 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello C3ris,

Were you able to get in touch with support team?

Regards,

Message 8 of 14
C3ris
Aspirant

No

i can not seem to find the chat option for which i am supposed to have lifetime access!

Message 9 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello C3ris,

I believe you need to enter the SN of the product at the support portal.

Regards, 

Message 10 of 14
C3ris
Aspirant

I did 

at some point i managed to press a button called chat and it said that it was not available at that time. since then i was not able to replicat ethos action and find the option again. My problem is that i live in Greece and there is no local support.....

Message 11 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello C3ris,

I checked again your profile and found that you were able to submit a ticket. I also tried getting to CHAT support using the SN of your product and I was able to get to the part where it asked for personal info which I believe will launch the CHAT windows once done. Were you able to get to that part?

Regards,

Message 12 of 14
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi C3ris,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 13 of 14
C3ris
Aspirant

Back again... Did not try anything new. I still get "Live chat is unavailable at the moment" (i do not know their workong hours - thought 24/7!?). A new piece of info is that i use a USB flash drive for security could that cause the problem? Thanks

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements