× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Old Readynas rnd4000 with new psu

sesailor
Aspirant

Old Readynas rnd4000 with new psu

I had an old rnd4000 with 4 disks where the power supply unit had broken. So I replaced it with a new one.

Now the rnd4000 first boots with a rapid blinking which after approx 20 seconds will be slower. And after a while leds of bay 1 and 3 are lit to and fro. In the LED Language this combination is not shows. Any suggestions to proceed are welcome.

Model: RND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Re: Old Readynas rnd4000 with new psu

@sesailor wrote:

I had an old rnd4000 with 4 disks where the power supply unit had broken. So I replaced it with a new one.

Did you make the needed pinout change?  (Or purchase a PSU that already had that change applied)?

Message 2 of 9
sesailor
Aspirant

I bought a psu that already had the pinout changed. The unit just says 'Booting' and thr power on button flashes. When I remove the disk, the display shows 'no disks' and 'Booting'

Message 3 of 9
sesailor
Aspirant

Message 4 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Do you have a spare disk you can use?  If so, try doing a fresh factory install with only that disk in place.

Message 5 of 9
sesailor
Aspirant

I did that, Now the lcd shows..Booting. Waiting for Raidar.

According to the manual I found ithe nas should have192.168.168.168 so I defined the ethernet of my computer as 192.168.168.2 conneced a lancable but Raidar doesnot find the nas. This is not my nas so I have asked the owner if he can find a manual...It could be the wrong subnet.  I could perhaps use a sniffer to see the adress of the nas.

Message 6 of 9
sesailor
Aspirant

Interesting. I can ping 192.168.168.168 (the nas) but Raidar doesnot find it..Mayby a wrong version? 6.5.0.

Message 7 of 9
sesailor
Aspirant

I installed Raidar 4.3.8 and it works with the new disk. Many thanks for the help. I suspect I have a bad disk, one or more of four..

Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@sesailor wrote:

I installed Raidar 4.3.8 and it works with the new disk. Many thanks for the help. I suspect I have a bad disk, one or more of four..

Or possibly a corrupted OS partition that won't boot.

If you can connect the disks to a PC (either USB or SATA) you could try recovering data with R-Studio: https://www.r-studio.com/

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements