× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Password problems

linkup1
Aspirant

Password problems

For some reason, the old password I have used a hundred times quit working.

I requested a new password and then went into the control panel and changed the password. BTW, the new password requirements are way too stringent. Even my bank doesn't require that level of security.

Anyway, after finally coming up with something it would accept, I logged out, waited, and tried to log in. It would NOT accept the new password, furthermore, I got that obnoxious message that too many attempts were made to log in (ONE) so I needed to enter the super secret word from Darth Vader, which I did. It didn't like what I entered so I was unable to login without once again going through the new password process, and BTW, the password generated by Netgear doesn't even follow it's own overly stringent password rules.

Now what? Do I continue using the Netgear assigned password I will never remember, or attempt again to change it and have it fail again?

Message 1 of 3
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Password problems

Password where on what site/device?

On a Pro I can set 'netgear1' as an admin password fine.

But your message sounds like the Forum login?
Message 2 of 3
linkup1
Aspirant

Re: Password problems

The password/login issue is here on this forum.

Using a generic PC with Win7.

This time I kept the assigned by forum password and was able to log back in, but as I said, if Netgear thinks the password had to have upper case, lower case, a number, and a symbol, then it makes no sense that the password it assigns doesn't contain a symbol or lower case.

Either way, the complaint still is that after changing the password and having it accept the change, it won't accept it the next time. Further, after it failing ONCE, it complains that there have been excessive failed logins and gives me the Darth Vader question, and still won't let me log in with the same correct password.

For now I will just leave it with the assigned password as I will never remember the gobbley goop password it made me come up with that still didn't work.

Just passing along the information about the broken password system and the fact the forum breaks it's own rule.

Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements