× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Photo access questions

sb4photos_com
Follower

Photo access questions

Hi.
Looking to purchase the RND2110
My needs are to tore photos as external storage but have multiple user acc for clients to see photos and download what they need for media needs.
Can i
A) assign unlimited log ins
b) for each user only allow certain folders to be seen
c) upload a high res for storage for me but have multiple choices for what the client/media want size wise to download?
d) when browsing the folders with files are they thumbnail's?

I had a look at the Qnap my friend bought but he returned it..
Any advice
much appreciated
Message 1 of 3
yoh-dah
Guide

Re: Photo access questions

sb4photos.com wrote:
Hi.
Looking to purchase the RND2110
My needs are to tore photos as external storage but have multiple user acc for clients to see photos and download what they need for media needs.
Can i
A) assign unlimited log ins
b) for each user only allow certain folders to be seen
c) upload a high res for storage for me but have multiple choices for what the client/media want size wise to download?
d) when browsing the folders with files are they thumbnail's?

I had a look at the Qnap my friend bought but he returned it..
Any advice
much appreciated

Looks like you're looking at the ReadyNAS Duo. If you want the latest ReadyNAS Photos II, I would recommend the ReadyNAS Ultra. You'll be able to do a-c. With regard to d, Photos II doesn't give you a file-level view, but rather photo-level view, so viewers will see only photo thumbnails which I think you want. Sort of like if you were sharing photos via Flickr or Picasa.
Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Photo access questions

You may wish to have a look at About ReadyNAS Photos II. yoh-dah's put lots of nice info about it there. There have been some nice enhancements made to Photos II over time and one would expect there will continue to be.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements