× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Plex Media Server on ReadyNAS 2100 Questions?

JS310
Aspirant

Plex Media Server on ReadyNAS 2100 Questions?

I just brought a ReadyNAS 2100 home to test as a Media Server for Plex.  Does anyone have experience with this device as a Plex Media Server?  How does it perform?  I just did a Factory Default command at Boot and will be jumping in soon...as soon as I figure out how to get to the Admin page.

Model: RNRX4420|ReadyNAS 2100 8TB (4 x 2TB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Plex Media Server on ReadyNAS 2100 Questions?

@JS310

Welcome to the Community!

Plex Media Server download link only has the version for OS6 if I'm correct but if you have a compatible installer that should still work. 

You can download the RAIDar utility and proceed with the Factory reset and it should help you out on accessing the Admin page.

HTH

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Are you planning to upgrade the NAS to OS-6?

Note that plex no longer supports 4.2.x ReadyNAS (they dropped several platforms back in 2016).  https://forums.plex.tv/t/armv5-powerpc-and-readynas-ros4-no-longer-supported-starting-with-plex-medi...

Message 3 of 5
JS310
Aspirant

Oh WOW.  This is great to know about Plex.  I will def spend more time with my options.  I am not able to get to the admin screen.  The IP takes me to the shares page.  The utility does not find the NAS on my network for somereason.  A couple of hours ago I decided to follow the OS Reinstall boot and now I cannot ping the device at all.  I am thinking that I need to find a way to do a fresh install of the OS to wipe out any lingering issues it seems to have.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@JS310 wrote:

A couple of hours ago I decided to follow the OS Reinstall boot and now I cannot ping the device at all. 

I don't think this was a problem with the firmware install (though I can't completely rule that out).

Do another factory default. Then if you can't get in, please post screen shots from RAIDar and the web browser.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements