× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Power supply failed out and scorched unit. - Anyway of recovering data READYNAS Duo v2

steveellwood
Follower

Power supply failed out and scorched unit. - Anyway of recovering data READYNAS Duo v2

Used this happily for some years, moving froma couple of 500G disks to eventually 2 3TB disks.
Overnight, there must have been a problem because my drive was dead this morning.
Scorches on the back of the unit by power entry.

Nothing essential/essential on the drives  - bit of music and  some photos and the odd easy shared document stuff. Any way of getting the data off the disks while I wait to replace?

Model: RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Power supply failed out and scorched unit. - Anyway of recovering data READYNAS Duo v2

@steveellwood wrote:

Any way of getting the data off the disks while I wait to replace?

Try connecting a disk to a Windows PC (using either SATA or a USB adapter/dock).  Windows won't see the file system, but if the disk is alive you will see it in the Windows Disk Manager.

You can then install R-Linux for Windows, and see if that can find the files.  https://www.r-studio.com/free-linux-recovery/

@steveellwood wrote:

Any way of getting the data off the disks while I wait to replace?

FWIW, a new ReadyNAS uses a different file system, so you won't be able to simply migrate the disks.  You can arrange for paid support to mount the old disks temporarily, but they will charge you for that.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements