× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Price difference reason

AndB39it
Aspirant

Price difference reason

Hi, we're evaluating purchase of 3312 rack mount model, for a medium size gov company (from italy) and i would like someone explain why, in several ecommerce websites, there's so big price difference between model without harddisks and model with harddisks, from my point of view inconsistent if i search (and add) harddisks prices separately (for example n.12 6TB sata disks). Moreover, in general, for NAS+hardisks proposals i saw, harddisk model and tech data is not indicated, only size.

Maybe vendors charge harddisk mounting/testing or warranty (even up to 5 years)? Or they consider very high end hard drives? Or both?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

Model: RR3312| ReadyNAS 12 Bays with up to 120TB total storage
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Street prices are of course set by the reseller, not by Netgear.

If you purchase a system+drives from Netgear, then their warranty also covers the disks (so during the warranty period you'd RMA the drives to Netgear, and not the disk manufacturer).

Whatever the reason, it is almost always cheaper to buy the drives separately, plus it allows you to chose the drive model you want.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Street prices are of course set by the reseller, not by Netgear.

If you purchase a system+drives from Netgear, then their warranty also covers the disks (so during the warranty period you'd RMA the drives to Netgear, and not the disk manufacturer).

Whatever the reason, it is almost always cheaper to buy the drives separately, plus it allows you to chose the drive model you want.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements