× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pro Pioneer no disks detected

homesynthesis
Aspirant

Pro Pioneer no disks detected

Brought back to life about 4 months ago by ordering a new power supply (based on thread on this forum).

Bought 2 new WD 6TB Red (not pro) disks and used two old 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda drives.

--two middle slots, top and bottom left open for better cooling

I think I was on Xraid but don't remember.  Available storage was 8.xTB.

Had about 1TB of data on it and been working nicely for several months.

Accessed the drive today by scanning a document to it from HP printer (do that a lot).  Went to scan a 2nd document and no access.

Couldn't ping from my PC either.  Reboot, nothing.  Checked Raidar too...nothing.

Pulled drives out and reboot and Raidar finds it.  Did OS re-install.  Power down put drives back in.  Power up--No disks detected.

I did notice that I'm hearing that all to familiar clicking sound when a drive goes bad.  It came from one of the 1.5TB Barracudas.  I pull it own and try reboot still nothing.

I try the Drive Check feature and same error.  I remove and re-seat everything with same results.

Am I screwed or is there something else I can try?

Model: RNDP600E |ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer Edition|EOL
Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Pro Pioneer no disks detected

It is possible that your power supply took collateral damage with it when it died.  With luick, maybe just the drives.  I would say that possibly you didn't get the Molex connectors in well enough on the SATA backplane when you changed the supply, but with just one or two drives, that sounds unlikely.

I'm not sure how you did an OS re-install with the drives removed, as that process writes the OS from flash to the drives.  Assuming you didn't just mis-type that, try another drive.  Any old size, just as a test.  If you are using OS 4.2.x and the drive is used, put it in a PC and delete all partitions first.  Even if using OS6.x, that can make things go smoother.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements