× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with uploading

Garthadam
Aspirant

Problems with uploading

Running Windows 10 on Sony vaio laptop. Have a rn104 device with 2*4tb drives inserted. Updated to latest firmware 6.2.5. I have created 3 subfolders to my video folder named Documentaries, Tv Shows and Movies. I have an external drive connected to my laptop that have these files that I want to upload. My problem is that the drag and drop feature doesnt seem to work. When i drag and attempt to drop a folder or file the readyCLOUD screen shows a red circle with a line through it. If i use the upload feature it only allows for 1 file at a time. At the time of writing this the system is still setting up and formatting the drive. Any help would be great because it would take an extremly long time to upload all my files one at a time.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Problems with uploading

Are you trying to use the web interface for this, or are you using windows file explorer.

Windows file explorer will be much faster.  If Windows isn't seeing the NAS, enter \\nasname or \\nasipaddress into the address bar (using the actual name or IP address of course).  The direction of the slashes is important, so pay attention to that nuance.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Are you trying to use the web interface for this, or are you using windows file explorer.

Windows file explorer will be much faster.  If Windows isn't seeing the NAS, enter \\nasname or \\nasipaddress into the address bar (using the actual name or IP address of course).  The direction of the slashes is important, so pay attention to that nuance.

Message 2 of 3
Garthadam
Aspirant

Thanks. Using the ip address in windows explorer has bought up the folders so that should prove to alot quicker.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements