× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Psu rnd4425

jcnalda
Aspirant

Psu rnd4425

good afternoon
I have a rnd4425 and the psu has broken and within 2 weeks I do not get another one. Does anyone know if I can do another one with a pc power supply until the other one comes?
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Psu rnd4425

@jcnalda wrote:
good afternoon
I have a rnd4425 and the psu has broken and within 2 weeks I do not get another one. Does anyone know if I can do another one with a pc power supply until the other one comes?

This is an NV+ v1 (with -100 at the end of the part number, running 4.1.x firmware)?  

If so you can temporarily use an ATX supply (external to the NAS) using a 20-pin ATX extender cable to get the power into the NAS.  You do need to modify the pinout of the extension cable though - here's a diagram: http://www.readynas.com/download/archive/pdf/ReadyNAS_PSU_pinout.pdf

Message 2 of 6
jcnalda
Aspirant

Good afternoon thanks for the reply. But would not you have something more graphic? Something I can put into practice myself.

Message 3 of 6
jcnalda
Aspirant

Where can I get the two yellows to replace with blue and white? Of the 4-pin connector?

Message 4 of 6
bedlam1
Prodigy

Presumably you need to "butcher" the extension cable (to preserve the ATX PSU for "normal" use or return to the supplier when your replacement is received)

Then ON THE EXTENSION CABLE cut the blue cable coming from the PSU and tape it, cut the white cable coming from the PSU and tape it, cut the yellow cable coming from the PSU (in the middle to give plenty to work with) and join Yellow from PSU to Yellow, Blue and White going to NAS

The 20 pin ATX extension cables are very cheap.

Maybe wait for another post on my thinking as I am no expert  

Message 5 of 6
jcnalda
Aspirant

Thank you very much for the answer but in this video http://www.evercase.co.uk/CompatibilityListReadynas.htm that saw coke just cutting the blue cable it is right how do I do?
thank you very much

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements