× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Purchased New readyNAS 524XD6 Drives do not show up on Compatability List?

toto7
Aspirant

Purchased New readyNAS 524XD6 Drives do not show up on Compatability List?

Hi All,

I purchased a New RN524XD6 Netgear nas and it came with Toshiba 6TB Drives (4 total) with Model number MD04ACA600. I do not see these on the HCL List at all? I am a bit confused as this was sold to me by Amazon from Netgear in a brand new sealed Netgear box and these are the drives placed in the chasis by Netgear I presume. Can someone please confirm these drives are indeed HCL approved by Netgear? I know I have a 5 year warranty on my New NAS but want to make sure the drives are also covered by the 5 year Warranty as well since I did buy the D6 version of this NAS. I appreciate any comments on this. I have registered my product today and uploaded proof of purchase to Netgear. Thanks in advance!

Model: RN524X|ReadyNAS 524X Premium performance Business Data Storage
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Purchased New readyNAS 524XD6 Drives do not show up on Compatability List?

Hi @toto7

Your RN524XD6 is registered properly and it's a good thing you attached the PoP already. Your warranty for your device and drives will be honored by NETGEAR Support and Amazon is an Authorized reseller so nothing to worry on that.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@toto7 wrote:

but want to make sure the drives are also covered by the 5 year Warranty as well since I did buy the D6 version of this NAS. I appreciate any comments on this. I have registered my product today and uploaded proof of purchase to Netgear. Thanks in advance!

The "D6" has a 3 year warranty on the drives (5 years on the chassis); the "E" models have enterprise drives with a 5 year warranty.  https://kb.netgear.com/26066/ReadyNAS-Support-and-Warranty

I've seen other posters say their Netgear-supplied disks weren't on the HCL, so I wouldn't stress about that.

Message 2 of 9
toto7
Aspirant

Hi StephenB,

Thanks so much for your reply. I just want to make sure that all my hardware is covered by netgear. That is the sole purpose as to why I purchased the complete set from them via Amazon. I did check the Warranty and it shows the D6 series as having both 5years for Drives and chasis. I appreciate your time, but if I'm wrong please let me know. Thanks again!

D6Warranty.JPG

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@toto7 wrote:

I did check the Warranty and it shows the D6 series as having both 5years for Drives and chasis.

You're right, it looks like Netgear increased the disk warranties on the "D" series when they launched the 42x, 52x, and 62x. Smiley Happy

Sorry for the confusion on that - I didn't scroll down far that far when I checked it.

Message 4 of 9
toto7
Aspirant

No Worries! Smiley Happy Thanks so much for your responses.

I guess what I would like is to hear from someone at Netgear just to re-assure me that the drives installed on my 524XD6 are in fact what they consider to be fully tested by them and on their HCL List. If I should have an issue 2-3-4-5 years down the road I'll have no issues with a replacement and also to be in compliance should my unit have an issue. Thanks again for you replies!

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@toto7 wrote:

I guess what I would like is to hear from someone at Netgear just to re-assure me that the drives installed on my 524XD6 are in fact what they consider to be fully tested by them and on their HCL List.

@Marc_V:  Can you help @toto7 on this? 

I think what's needed is assurance that Netgear actually supplied those drives, and that the warranty covers them (whether they are listed on the HCL or not).

Message 6 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @toto7

Welcome to the Community!

@StephenB of course we can help, @toto7 can PM me the S/N of his ReadyNAS 524XD6 so we can properly check with Support and confirm.

Most drives are compatible with ReadyNAS despite not being listed on the HCL since it's not updated that frequently. What's important would be your Proof of Purchase so NETGEAR can make sure to get your warranty honored once you submit any case for RMA.

If you purchased the NAS with the drives bundled not separately listed on your receipt then you don't have to worry with your Disk warranty it should be included on your 5 year warranty

Update:

Checked PoP using your Email. It should and it will be honored by Support.

Regards

Message 7 of 9
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @toto7

Your RN524XD6 is registered properly and it's a good thing you attached the PoP already. Your warranty for your device and drives will be honored by NETGEAR Support and Amazon is an Authorized reseller so nothing to worry on that.

Regards

Message 8 of 9
toto7
Aspirant

Thanks so much for looking into this. I greatly appreciate it. Now I can and will enjoy my brand new NAS with peace of mind of a total 5 year warranty.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements