× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R516 DNS periodic DNS errors/failures

vsharma
Aspirant

R516 DNS periodic DNS errors/failures

Got DNS error when data move in cloud or click in update , also configured DNS in network field after that receive same issue.

firmware 6.9.5

please suggest

Model: RN51663D|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay 6x3TB Desktop Drive
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R516 DNS periodic DNS errors/failures

Please post about this here in this forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/bd-p/readynas-general

Thank you. 

@vsharma wrote:

Got DNS error when data move in cloud or click in update , also configured DNS in network field after that receive same issue.

firmware 6.9.5

please suggest

Message 2 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @vsharma

Have you checked your router settings? I don't think there should be any issue anymore after adding the DNS on the Network settings. You can also send me your full logs thru PM using google drive so we can check if there's any issue with your RN516

Regards

Message 3 of 5
kaiaseamus
Aspirant

Have you try these methods ? I think it could help!

https://techcloud7.org/blog/fix-dns-server-not-responding-error/

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@kaiaseamus wrote:

Have you try these methods ? I think it could help!

Those are specific to Windows, and the NAS runs Linux.

@vsharma wrote:

Are you using a static IP address in the NAS?  If so, you should check that your subnet mask and gateway are correctly configured.  For almost all home networks the subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0 and the gateway should be your router's LAN IP address (usually ends in a 1).  Also make sure the IP address of the NAS isn't already in use.

You also might want to try configuring a different DNS server.  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are open servers that are run by Google - perhaps try both of those and see if you get the same error.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements