× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: READYNAS RN10400 Dead line of blue squares

RJKJFrost
Aspirant

READYNAS RN10400 Dead line of blue squares

Hi everyone.

Our ReadyNas Rn10400 seems to be dead?

When plugged into power (we have tried multiple outlets) all we can get is a line of blue squares on the display.

Pushing the power button does nothing, pushing and holding the power button does nothing. 

We have had no power outages or any issues like that as far as we are aware.

We have tried to open the boot menu by unplugging the unit, holding the reset button in and pluggin it back in, and we still only get the blue squares on the screen. 

We can not hear any noise from the system at all. We have tried turning the unit on without any drives in it and we get the same issue.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be going on please?

Thanks for your time.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7
RJKJFrost
Aspirant

Plugging it in now and I don't even get the blue lights. Nothing. No response at all to power?

Message 2 of 7
StephenB
Guru

If you purchased the NAS new, then it is covered by the three-year warranty.  So I'd start by checking the warranty status.  If you are covered, use Netgear paid support (my.netgear.com).  Don't sign up for gearhead.  Instead look for a link saying that you are requesting a warranty replacement.

If you aren't covered by warranty, then you could try to do a risk-buy of a new power adapter.  The NAS chassis isn't repairable, so if that's the problem you'll need to replace it.  The RN200 series is the current entry-level NAS - significantly faster than your RN104.

I do suggest removing the disks, and see if you get a different symptom when you power up.  Label them by slot as you remove them.

Message 3 of 7
RJKJFrost
Aspirant

So I'm trying to check the warranty status however I think the system was replaced by readynas under warranty not too long ago. My system says that I purchased it in 2014 however I'm sure it has since been replaced. I am trying to contact support to check on the warranty and I go through all of the support online stuff I need to so that I can call and then I get to the part where it's supposed to give me a number and I get a "please quote this number" screen, but it has no number, just a red box. (please see attached image). I try to call support and can't get through without a number. HOW do i get a hold of someone to check the actual warranty status please (as this is an odd case) or even to order replacement parts. So frustrated.

Message 4 of 7
bedlam1
Prodigy

Netgear do not offer replacement parts

Message 5 of 7
RJKJFrost
Aspirant

Awesome, I'll stop looking for that then, thank you. So is there any way for me to contact support if I can't get the case number? 

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@RJKJFrost wrote:

Awesome, I'll stop looking for that then, thank you. So is there any way for me to contact support if I can't get the case number? 

Try PMing @JohnCM_S and @Marc_V .  They should be able to look up the case number (and give you the support phone number if you need it).

If you have the phone number, you could try calling them and telling them that the website gave you a blank case number.

If you go to "my support", you should see your current NAS listed (with it's serial number).  If that's not there, then perhaps you neglected to register it?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements