× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN 422, OS 6.9.2, PLEX server "not available outside your network"

Maxter
Aspirant

RN 422, OS 6.9.2, PLEX server "not available outside your network"

I have installed the PLEX app on my RN 422 running OS 6.9.2. The PLEX app works fine when accessed from inside my home network but I cannot get the Remote Access to work at all. The message I get is "Not available outside your network".

My hardware set up:

- RN 422 running OS 6.9.2 with X-Raid;

- New Orbi router with one sattelite connected to my ISP's Sagecom's                               modem/router

After reading the "Trouble shooting for Remote Access" link on the PLEX  webpage:

- I have ensured uPnP is turned on the the Obi router, including                                       toggling the uPnP service on and off;

- I temporarily disable the antivirous service in OS 6.9.2;

- I configured my ISP modem/router to function in bridge mode and                                  reset my Orbi router. The Orbi router seetings confim there is no                                      double NAT issue. 

- The Orbi router settings confirm the WAN/Extenal Port is the same as                             ISP's external Port and the LAN/Internal Port is 32400

After this I still am not able to get the Remote Access setting in PLEX to work.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can you share your solution? Thanks in advance.

Max

Model: RN422|ReadyNAS 422 2-Bay with up to 20 TB total storage
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN 422, OS 6.9.2, PLEX server "not available outside your network"

It's been quite a while since I enabled it, so I haven't run through the steps recently.

• is there a control on the remote access screen to enable remote access?
  • is the port forwarded to the correct IP address in the router (you might need to reserve the NAS IP address, or even make it static)
  • if the NAS already uses a static IP address, have you configured a DNS server as part of the NAS network configuration?  Also check the subnet mask and the gateway address.
  • is the remote access page showing that the server is expecting the port to be 34200?

On the last point, my own plex server expects the connection 34201 (because at one point I had a second server running that used 34200).

There are a couple of ways to deal with this, I just forwarded 34200 to port 34201

BTW, enabling the "advanced" mode on the remote access screen might give you some useful clues.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Check on the plex server settings that the public port is actually set to 32400.

Then confirm that port 32400 is actually open, by using http://canyouseeme.org/

Message 2 of 4
Maxter
Aspirant

The "canyouseeme" link you provided reported port 32400 could be seen by the IP external port, but Remote Access section of the PLEX app still shows "Not available outside you network".  Any sussgestion on how this can be fixed?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

It's been quite a while since I enabled it, so I haven't run through the steps recently.

• is there a control on the remote access screen to enable remote access?
  • is the port forwarded to the correct IP address in the router (you might need to reserve the NAS IP address, or even make it static)
  • if the NAS already uses a static IP address, have you configured a DNS server as part of the NAS network configuration?  Also check the subnet mask and the gateway address.
  • is the remote access page showing that the server is expecting the port to be 34200?

On the last point, my own plex server expects the connection 34201 (because at one point I had a second server running that used 34200).

There are a couple of ways to deal with this, I just forwarded 34200 to port 34201

BTW, enabling the "advanced" mode on the remote access screen might give you some useful clues.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements