× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN102 - Condivisioni sparite

hoolio84
Guide

RN102 - Condivisioni sparite

Salve,

ho un RN10200 con firmware 6.10.4. Da ieri se vado da interfaccia web su "Condivisioni" non trovo più le cartelle di condivisione che avevo prima. I dati ci sono tutti e sono accessibili da PC tramite SMB ma da intefaccia non riesco più a fare nulla.

Com'è possibile ? Cosa posso fare per rispristinare le cartelle?

Grazie

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Message 4 of 14

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

@hoolio84 wrote (with help from Google Translate):

Hello,

I have a RN10200 with firmware 6.10.4. Since yesterday, if I go from the web interface to "Shares" I can't find the sharing folders I had before. The data are all there and are accessible from a PC via SMB but from the interface I can no longer do anything.

How is it possible ? What can I do to restore the folders?

Thanks

Are you comfortable with SSH and the Linux command prompt?  If you are, there is a script that you can run that will probably fix the issue.  But if you aren't, you are better off contacting Netgear support.

Also courtesy of Google:

Sei a tuo agio con SSH e il prompt dei comandi di Linux? Se lo sei, c'è uno script che puoi eseguire che probabilmente risolverà il problema. Ma se non lo sei, è meglio contattare l'assistenza Netgear.

Message 2 of 14
hoolio84
Guide

Hi! Yes of course! Send me the script, please.

Thanks

Message 3 of 14
StephenB
Guru

Message 4 of 14
hoolio84
Guide

Thank you so much, it works! 

But how could this happen?

Thanks again and happy holidays

Roberto

Message 5 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@hoolio84 wrote:

I don't know the mechanism that caused it, but what happened is that some configuration files were corrupted somehow.

You might want to check on how full the OS partition is.

# df // -h
# df // -i

Normally it is less than 25% full, and uses around 2% of the available inodes.  

Message 6 of 14
hoolio84
Guide

Cattura.PNG

This is the result. What do you mean?

@StephenB wrote:

@hoolio84 wrote:

I don't know the mechanism that caused it, but what happened is that some configuration files were corrupted somehow.

You might want to check on how full the OS partition is.

# df // -h
# df // -i

Normally it is less than 25% full, and uses around 2% of the available inodes.  

Message 7 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@hoolio84 wrote:

Cattura.PNG

This is the result. What do you mean?

FWIW, I recommend logging into the NAS as root (not admin), using the NAS admin password - particularly if you are doing things in the OS partition.

One cause of your problem is a full (or nearly full) OS partition.  If it is too full, then configuration files might not be written, and that can cause lots of problems.

Your OS partition isn't dangerously full - but it is using quite a bit more space than is usual.  What apps do you have installed?

Message 8 of 14
Sandshark
Sensei

We have seen a few instances of this in the forum within the past few months.  And obviously Netgear would not have created the script if it were not something they'd seen.  What are your drive types? I'm especially wondering if they could be SMR.  I had just one of six drives that was SMR and many processes got backlogged because they could not write to the volume (I assume both OS and data, since the drive cache wouldn't know) during a scrub.  If that were to happen on a system with fewer CPU and RAM assets like a RN102, I wonder if that could be an issue.  It just seems to me that the beginning of reports of this issue seem to correspond with when WD did it's sneaky switch to SMR.

Message 9 of 14
hoolio84
Guide

I have installed Plex, Transmission and SMB plus.

Message 10 of 14
hoolio84
Guide

@Sandshark wrote:

We have seen a few instances of this in the forum within the past few months.  And obviously Netgear would not have created the script if it were not something they'd seen.  What are your drive types? I'm especially wondering if they could be SMR.  I had just one of six drives that was SMR and many processes got backlogged because they could not write to the volume (I assume both OS and data, since the drive cache wouldn't know) during a scrub.  If that were to happen on a system with fewer CPU and RAM assets like a RN102, I wonder if that could be an issue.  It just seems to me that the beginning of reports of this issue seem to correspond with when WD did it's sneaky switch to SMR.

My hard disk is a Western Digital model: WDC- WD30EFRX-68EUZN0

Message 11 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@hoolio84 wrote:

I have installed Plex, Transmission and SMB plus.

There might be some real-time transcoding files being left behing by plex.  You could take a look with ssh if you are comfortable doing that.

Message 12 of 14
hoolio84
Guide

What I have to check? Could you give me sope suggestion please?

Thansk and Happy new year!

Message 13 of 14
StephenB
Guru

This post gives some info for plex: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/ReadyNAS-214-System-Volume-root-useage-9...

If you used to have the AntiVirus service running, then there could be some old files for that.  So check for them also.  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/System-volume-root-s-usage-is-90-RN...

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements