× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN102 Firmware Update Failed 6.9.5

Benchster
Aspirant

RN102 Firmware Update Failed 6.9.5

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. My ReadyNAS 102 said on the admin page that it needed to upgrade the firmware [I can't remember what the existing firmware was but it was quite early 6.1.? perhaps]. Anyway, I performed a manual firmware update as the automatic one failed. I stupidly upgraded to 6.9.5 [have later found it needed to be in steps] and the readyNAS will now no longer work [cannot see on RAIDAR or via IP scanner].

Is there anyway I can recover the NAS? I wonder whether I should do a USB recovery drive but am worried that will make things worse and I don't know which OS version I should use for this [as I can't access the drive I've no idea what OS is installed or whether this would now be 6.9.5....].

Any help greatly appreciated.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Benchster
Aspirant

Update: Since the above I have now solved the issue by installing the 6.2.5 firmware on a USB recovery stick and then using the automatic firmware upgrades to get the firmware completely up to date. Be careful doing this though as I believe you have to be careful when using this method.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Benchster
Aspirant

Update: Since the above I have now solved the issue by installing the 6.2.5 firmware on a USB recovery stick and then using the automatic firmware upgrades to get the firmware completely up to date. Be careful doing this though as I believe you have to be careful when using this method.

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Benchster wrote:

Update: Since the above I have now solved the issue by installing the 6.2.5 firmware on a USB recovery stick and then using the automatic firmware upgrades to get the firmware completely up to date.

Thx for updating us on the solution that worked for you.  

Message 3 of 4
Benchster
Aspirant

No problem!

All working fine now so very pleased.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation