× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN102 self power on monthly

tytou
Aspirant

RN102 self power on monthly

I've bought a ReadyNAS RN 102 a year and half ago, and since the begining it self powers-on on the 26th of each month at 7AM French time. I've never set any configuration for this (auto power-on/ shutdown) and I use my readyNAS such as it is most of the time powered off and I power it on either through Wake on Lan or manually while I need it to be running. Any idea why it auto powers on itself monthly and how to disable this? I've not found any information about this issue anywhere 😞 Thanks for any tips you can give me. Regards,

Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN102 self power on monthly

Did you buy it second hand?

The power on schedule is not cleared on factory reset on the RN102. It won't show in the UI, but it will still be configured.

Perhaps configure the power schedule (don't forget to apply your changes), reboot the NAS and then turn it off again.

Message 2 of 8
tytou
Aspirant

Hello,

Thanks for you answer. I bough the NAS as a brand new one, not a scond hand.

I'lll try to activate/deactivate with rebooting and see f it works. I'll keep you informed, but I may need to wait for 26th of September 😉

Rgds,

Tytou

Message 3 of 8
tytou
Aspirant

I did configured the 'power schedule', rebooted, and waited to NAS to power on. I have then reset the power schedule to 'disabled' and rebooted. But, if this is the issue, then, I'm confused because I've not seen any way to tell the NAS to power on on the 26th day of each month... Let's wait Sept. 26th and see...

Rgds,

Tytou

Message 4 of 8
turnerpunk
Aspirant

Having a similar issue myself except mine turns on at noon on the 31st day of the month.  This means it only turns on on months with 31 days!  I've enabled/disabled auto power on and rebooted a few months back, but it still keeps doing it to this day....  😞

Message 5 of 8
tytou
Aspirant

Sorry to say that, but I'm happy to see I'm not the only one having a monthly power on of my NAS 😉 On the other hand, I suppose that it will turn on on Sept 26th since changing setting didn't solve the issue on your side...

Thanks for your feedback,

Tytou

Message 6 of 8
turnerpunk
Aspirant

Tried following MDGMs procedure again the other day just for kicks.  Turned power on feature back on and set to kick on at noon wednesday.  Rebooted.  Disabled.  Rebooted.  Today, server was on again at noon.  😞  It's like it doesn't clear the time tables when the feature is disabled or something.  

Message 7 of 8
tytou
Aspirant

So, we are the Sept. 27th... and yes, yesterday the NAS did powered on on his own... but not at 7AM, it was at 10PM... So finally nothing has changed except the time it powered on... I suppose I'll have to live with this: having my NAS automatically powering on by itself each month!

That's a pitty!

any idea to fix this would be appreciated.

Tytou

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements