× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10200 - DLNA, USB, backup

matex
Aspirant

RN10200 - DLNA, USB, backup

Hi, I’m new on the forum.
Soon I’ll buy a RN10200 but I’ve three question before:
- RN10200 with two HD WD Red can stream a 1080p video via DLNA?
- can I access to the files on the USB or eSATA hard disk from my PC?
- I tested ReadyNAS Live Demo "Sandbox" ... it seems that I can select only a folder to backup each job, so if I want to backup multiple folders I have to define multiple jobs. Is there a way to select multiple folders?

Thank you
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN10200 - DLNA, USB, backup

matex wrote:
RN10200 with two HD WD Red can stream a 1080p video via DLNA?
Yes. Even full BluRay streaming requires only 54 mbits, and the ReadyNAS can deliver ~560 mbits on a gigabit network. But if is not capable of transcoding the audio or video to a different format. If you need that capability, you'll need a 300 or 500 series ReadyNAS.
matex wrote:
can I access to the files on the USB or eSATA hard disk from my PC?
Yes. Though it is not as fast as internal disks. You're better off getting a 4 bay unit.
matex wrote:
I tested ReadyNAS Live Demo "Sandbox" ... it seems that I can select only a folder to backup each job, so if I want to backup multiple folders I have to define multiple jobs. Is there a way to select multiple folders?
No. You need multiple backup jobs. You can back up the entire volume with one job, but if you want a subset of shares you need one backup job for each.
Message 2 of 3
matex
Aspirant

Re: RN10200 - DLNA, USB, backup

Thanks StephenB!
I think it's a useful feature to select multiple folders in a single backup job, what do you think?
Probably, after I bought the nas I'll suggest this feature in the "Feature request" subforum.
Thank you again!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements