× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 and RN102 6.10.5 (Hotfix1) Anti-Virus not availebel

MMueller
Aspirant

RN104 and RN102 6.10.5 (Hotfix1) Anti-Virus not availebel

Hello,

i can not finde Anti-virus under System - Settings - Services, the same on my RN102 with same Firmware. Has netgear anti-virus been cancelled for the models?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay, RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: RN104 and RN102 6.10.5 (Hotfix1) Anti-Virus not availebel

Yes.  Due to memory limitations, AV is no  longer an option on 100 series NAS.  That has been the case for a few updates now.  With the reports I've seen in the forum of problems with AV updates, I'm not sure that's not a blessing forcing your hand.  I've never enabled AV on my NAS.  Every computer with write access to it has active AV, so one should never get there, and the lack of configureability of ClamAV (mostly, what happens to files with viruses detected) just makes me consider it not ready for prime time.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Yes.  Due to memory limitations, AV is no  longer an option on 100 series NAS.  That has been the case for a few updates now.  With the reports I've seen in the forum of problems with AV updates, I'm not sure that's not a blessing forcing your hand.  I've never enabled AV on my NAS.  Every computer with write access to it has active AV, so one should never get there, and the lack of configureability of ClamAV (mostly, what happens to files with viruses detected) just makes me consider it not ready for prime time.

Message 2 of 4
MMueller
Aspirant

Thanks for the information, I was just surprised that I didn't find anything about it and that the KB doesn't say anything about it either. But I agree with you that actually every PC should already have a protection and therefore nothing can happen on the NAS.

Greetings Marcel

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@MMueller wrote:

I was just surprised that I didn't find anything about it

FWIW , it was announced here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Announcements-Stories/Changes-coming-in-RNOS-6-10-0/td-p/1... 

There is a also a short note saying it was removed in the 6.10.0 release notes.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements