× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 unable to save email attachments from Outlook on Mac (zero bytes)

Patrick-H
Aspirant

RN104 unable to save email attachments from Outlook on Mac (zero bytes)

I have a readynas 104 with 4 x 2TB drives.

The ReadyNas has firmware 6.10.1

The Mac is OS 10.14.5 and Outlook for Mac v 16.26

I am having an issue saving files from Outlook on my Mac to the ReadyNas. 

I use SMB for theReadyNas.

When I get an email with an attachment, and try to save it to a share on theReadyNas the file appears but has a file size of zero bytes.

If I save the file to the desktop then drag it to the shared drive, then the file copies normally.

The same email attachment saves directly from Apple Mail.

I can also save files from Word and other applications on the Mac to theReadyNas.

I have a windows pc which can save email attachments directly to the same ReadyNas (although it uses an older version of outlook).

Can any one suggest how to allow me to save attachments directly from Outlook to the ReadyNas?

Many thanks for any suggestions

Patch

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: RN104 unable to save email attachments from Outlook on Mac (zero bytes)

Hi @Patrick-H, I'm not using Outlook and also do not have a mac, but would try to check the trustcenter settings of Microsoft Office. Those should also apply for Outlook. When you go for the options of Outlook there should be a section "TrustCenter". In there you see your trusted locations, which are normally directories on your local workstation. However, you could add a trusted location on your network (though that is not recommended) and see, whether this helps to overcome your issue. At least worth a try.

Kind regards

Message 2 of 6
Patrick-H
Aspirant

Hi @Retired_Member 

Thanks for the suggestion, I had a hunt round the preferences, but could not see anything like this. I then did a quick search and it looks like TrustCenter is a Windows only option.

But thanks for the suggestion

Best wishes

Patch

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Sorry, @Patrick-H , you are right. It seems that apple is using their sandboxing scheme instead. Sorry for bothering you and kind regards.

Message 4 of 6
Patrick-H
Aspirant

I have raised the issue with Microsoft, and they are looking into it, but they suggested it might be worth contacting Netgear. But as my support has expred (I have had the ReadyNas a few years now) I thought I would ask on here.

I appreciate the suggestion, and the time you put into coming up with it.

Many thanks @Retired_Member 

P

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

I've seen this reported before (for instance here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/6-9-3-Enhance-MacOS-Drag-and-Drop-f... ) but unfortunately I haven't seen a solution.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements