× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 volume disappeared. Panel shows del_reloc_root +28

XrisNetG
Aspirant

RN104 volume disappeared. Panel shows del_reloc_root +28

Hi,

During october 2018, my RN10400 NAS (4x 4TB) was almost full, and during its monthly cron task, system has crashed itself.

Volume disappeared. My relevant topic has been closed Previous topic

I came here to get some ideas, and one of them was Reclaime File Recovery Software.

I use it and its free Raid Recovey module, and without writing anything on my 4 HDDs, it ran some tests.

I identified the 4 HDDs in my NAS, and get them out. Put them into a PC with a lot of Sata ports uneder Win10.

1. all HDDs were safe, and smarts infos are good.
  2. Reclaime Software recognized as well my BTRFS volume, which has disappeard on NAS RN104. (Software in demo mode).
  3. if i want to safe all datas, i need one or more HDDs to create an available backup volume (about 12TB)

I tested different ways and softwares, but Reclaime was/is the nice one which gives me the right solution.

The other way is Reclaime Free Raid Recovery which is also a nice free solution, but you need to have another recovery files software.

I didn't want to write on my NAS HDDs plugged into my PC.

So i buy the software, and it is working to recover and save my files to a new volume i prepare before to begin this process.

BTRFS (crashed netgear volume) is seen in Reclaime internal browser, and i can see some previews of my files.

1st process is almost quick, to display partition.

2nd process to see all the partition is longer, but we can pause, safe the state of scan, et resume, very usefull.

3nd step is the longest way, saving datas to new volume (sata or network).

My NAS has crashed itself, because it started a task (sync, scrubbing, whatelse), and why does it start this if there is no enough space to do that ? I know, my bad, i didn't keep enough avalaible space.

Thanks for your help here. Thanks Reclaime Support who helps me a lot with suggestions and advises.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay, RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN104 volume disappeared. Panel shows del_reloc_root +28

Thx for following up with your recovery experience.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Thx for following up with your recovery experience.

Message 2 of 3
XrisNetG
Aspirant

You're welcome.

Thank you, too. You gave me a good solution a few months ago.

Regards

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements