× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN20200 access remotely not showing all files

SalmonMan
Tutor

RN20200 access remotely not showing all files

I can access files on my home network but when I access from remote location, the folder tree is truncated.  Not all the folders show up.

Model: RN20222D|ReadyNAS202 2-Bay 2x2TB Desktop Drive
Message 1 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Using ReadyCloud?  On what platform?

Message 2 of 6
SalmonMan
Tutor

I'm using ready cloud web site.  I get in and see the folders but the contents in the folder I'm accessing doesn't have all of the folders in it.  They are listed in alphabetical order and end with one that starts with G.  No later folders show.

Right now I'm on a MAC.  The NAS is back at my home.  There I use a PC.

Message 3 of 6
SalmonMan
Tutor

I tried to downlaod the App on my Mac but it won't let me.  It says it can't runit because Apple can't check for malicious software.  Stuck.

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@SalmonMan wrote:

I tried to downlaod the App on my Mac but it won't let me.  It says it can't runit because Apple can't check for malicious software.  Stuck.

https://www.winytips.com/installer-cant-be-opened-because-apple-cannot-check-it-for-malicious-softwa...

Message 5 of 6
SalmonMan
Tutor

I tried again on a different Laptop PC.  When I use the WEB App my directory is truncated like on the MAC.  I downloaded the ReadyCloud App and using it I could see all of the directory on the PC Laptop.  Later I tried to launch the App and it would not start up.  So I can't run the App on the MAC which is my main use for outside the LAN and the WebAPP doesn't work correctly to show all of my directory.  Any advice out there?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements