× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN214 Alerts email - Severity

Icauto
Aspirant

RN214 Alerts email - Severity

Hello,

I purchased a ready NAS 214. It is working wonderful. I am frustrating with the Email alerts. In the software manual it states:

Configure System Alerts
You can configure the ReadyNAS to send email alerts when certain system events occur, such as disk
errors, changes in network connectivity, power supply failures, fan speed irregularities, and temperature
violations.
The ReadyNAS divides system events into two categories, mandatory and optional. Mandatory events
always generate email alerts.You can control which optional system events generate email alerts.
By entering your email account information, you authorize the ReadyNAS to send email alerts from that
account.
To configure the system alerts:
1. Log in to your ReadyNAS system.
2. Select System > Settings > Alerts.
3. In the Alert Events section, select the check box next to each event that you want to generate an alert.
If you do not want an event to generate an alert, clear its check box.
Dimmed events (Disk Failure, Volume, Power, and UPS) always generate email alerts.

Please note the section about:

The ReadyNAS divides system events into two categories, mandatory and optional. Mandatory events
always generate email alerts.You can control which optional system events generate email alerts.

The latest version of the software shows nothing about mandatory and optional emails.

The latest version of the software allows you to check boxes next to what you want emails sent to you about but you select the severity in a pull down (see pdf attached) and the options are:

Info

Warnings

Errors

What does severity mean? If i set severity to Warnings, or Errors, and cycle power i do not get an email. If i set it to Info, and cyle power I get an email. Yet the Power box is checked no matter what the severity is set to? The manual talks about mandatory and optional. I have all boxes check including the Power and I only get an email about power cycle if the severity is set to Info.

The severity is doing something and overriding the check boxes.

Please look at the PDF of a pic of the screen for the software.

What is going on? How do I set it to send emails for everything checked?

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN214 Alerts email - Severity

@Icauto wrote:

So info will include warnings and errors?

Yes it will.  This filtering for errors/warnings/info was just added in 6.9.4, which might explain why you are having trouble getting clear information from tech support. Similarly the manual hasn't been updated to 6.9.4 yet.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
yxue
NETGEAR Expert

If you choose info, you can receive all info, warning,error.

If you choose warnings, you can receive warnings, errors,

If you choose errors, you can receive errors.

Message 2 of 4
Icauto
Aspirant

Are you tellign me to selct info, and I will get them all? Tech support did not know that when I contacted them?

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Icauto wrote:

Yes it will.  This filtering for errors/warnings/info was just added in 6.9.4, which might explain why you are having trouble getting clear information from tech support. Similarly the manual hasn't been updated to 6.9.4 yet.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements