× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN214 ReadyCloud doesn't discover during initial resync

DougEa
Aspirant

RN214 ReadyCloud doesn't discover during initial resync

Bought new RN214 and installed two new WD Red 4TB drives. Followed instructions to set it up, but ReadyCloud doesn't discover the RN214. RN214 says it is still resyncing. Is it normal for ReadyCloud to fail to discover RN214 during initial resync? 

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN214 ReadyCloud doesn't discover during initial resync

Hi DougEa,

Welcome to the Community!

ReadyCLOUD should be able to detect the NAS even if it is resyncing.

Is the ReadyCLOUD service enabled on the NAS? You may check this by accessing https://<ReadyNAS IP address>, where <ReadyNAS IP address> is the IP address of the NAS, then go to the Cloud tab. The ReadyCLOUD switch should be selected to ON. Please also check on that tab if Internet and Service has a green check on both.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
DougEa
Aspirant

Thanks for your help. I first tred to log in using the IP (didn't work, can't remember details of why) and finally by using the RAIDar app left over from my old ReaydNAS duo ver 1. Through this I was able to connect to the RN214 and checked the Cloud option. This seemed to do the trick. I can now access the RN214 using Cloud, the IP or the RAIDar app. I'm still confused about how RAIDar can read the RN214, and whether it will be able to read the ReadyNAS Duo. I just ran the app (with the RN214 turned off) and it shows ver 4.3.8. Anyway, it definitely was not as smooth as the instructions led me to believe! Still have a lot to learn about this device, though.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@DougEa wrote:

I just ran the app (with the RN214 turned off) and it shows ver 4.3.8.

4.3.8 is needed if you want to set up the Duo in flexraid;  6.5 is better for the RN214 (and will work with the Duo).

https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

@DougEa wrote:

I'm still confused about how RAIDar can read the RN214, and whether it will be able to read the ReadyNAS Duo.

Perhaps you can clarify what you are confused about?

RAIDar (and the NAS) use broadcast packets to find each other, and that technique works even if the NAS network configuration isn't matched to your home network.  It will also find the Duo.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements