× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN214 Registration support ticket

pietro1685
Aspirant

RN214 Registration support ticket

A little while back I raised a ticket, as I was unable to register my RN214 box. I recently had an email saying "The case 42599851 is awaiting your inputs". But I cannot for the life of me find a link to this case. [The original problem probably was that the NAS was registered to an old Netgear account of mine with an email address that no longer exists - "This serial number is already registered to another customer"]

I seem to be going round and round in circles on the Netgear website trying to find this ticket, and there is no link in the email from Netgear

Could somebody please tell me how to access this ticket?

Thanks in advance -- Peter

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN214 Registration support ticket

Hi pietro1685,

I got feedback from our Customer Care team that registration of the device was already transferred to your current email address.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi pietro1685,

It appears that the case was set to close due to inactivity. I can try sending a follow up to the appropriate team about this one. Just to verify, you want to register your RN214 NAS devices to the working email address, is that correct?

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
pietro1685
Aspirant

Many thanks for the quick resonse, John

Yes, correct - the NAS in question is <removed>, which I suspect is registered to a now-defunct ibm.com email address. I want to transfer it to my current email associated with the pietro1685 account. (There is already another RN214 registered there, purchased much more recently).

Best wishes -- Peter

Message 3 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi pietro1685,

I have sent a request to the appropriate team to transfer the registration of the device. 

Note: I have removed the serial number of your device from your post. It will also be best if you do not post the device serial number publicly for security reasons.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi pietro1685,

I got feedback from our Customer Care team that registration of the device was already transferred to your current email address.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements