× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN314 Log Message

claynz
Aspirant

RN314 Log Message

Anything to worry about?

2019-12-12 09:44:58: BTRFS: error (device md126) in btrfs_commit_transaction:2241: errno=-5 IO failure (Error while writing out transaction)

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN314 Log Message

@claynz

BTRFS errors always needs attention. Do you have any failing drive warnings? You may want to send us through Google drive your full logs.

Options when having file system errors would be to contact Support and purchase a contract or Pay per Incident Support, another is to have full backup and do a Factory Reset and start fresh.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 6
claynz
Aspirant

The drives are new and all show as healthy, I didn't factory reset with paper clip when installing the new drives, but can do that as all my data has been backed up off the NAS

I had to create different volumes as appose to X-RAID

4x 10TB drives

Drive 1 = 10TB JBOD

Drive 2 = 10TB JBOD

Drive 3 & 4 = 20TB RAID0

Or should I send you the log files instead, takes me 2 days to backup all my data to the NAS

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@claynz wrote:

4x 10TB drives

Drive 1 = 10TB JBOD

Drive 2 = 10TB JBOD

Drive 3 & 4 = 20TB RAID0

Or should I send you the log files instead, takes me 2 days to backup all my data to the NAS

Instead of a reset, you can try deleting/recreating just the volume that is read-only, and leave the others alone.

Message 4 of 6
claynz
Aspirant

How can I find which volumes are ready-olny?

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

If the volume tab doesn't tell you, just try to write a file to a share on the volume.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements