× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN314 shows wizard after reset

o0pz
Initiate

RN314 shows wizard after reset

I purchased this NAS 4 years ago and it has been running flawlessly. It is mainly used for storage as well as media serving to a kodi box and other devices in other rooms. It has 4x4TB WD Red drives installed and is currently at 75% full.

A few months ago I installed Sonarr and Jackett through SSH and they were running beautifully until recently. Sonarr started reporting it couldn't contact some indexers. After rooting around I figured Jackett was the cause and attempted to update it and also update mono. Well something went wrong. I disconnected from SSH whilst attempting to fix Jackett then the NAS wouldn't allow me access back in again. Connection refused on port 22. So I tried to access the NAS through the WebGUI and noticed that was giving me error 500, Internal Server Error. I checked my shares on the desktop to see if they could access the NAS at least, no availability. They also could not locate the drives. I rebooted the NAS and upon rebooting the webGUI turned into the Netgear Setup Wizard as if the NAS had been factory reset on it's own. I know the data is still there because the front panel is saying 25% Free but I am unable to locate/access my RAID and I think going through the wizard will setup a new one over-riding the old one losing all data.

I have tried reinstalling the OS through the boot menu, also booting into read only volume hoping I can access the raid to pull some data off them. Nothing seems to be working and I don't want to try going deeper before getting some assistance/reassurance. My next step was going to be to try the USB Recovery Tool but it had the warning, "This tool must only be used at the recommendation of NETGEAR Technical Support. Read through all of the steps and make sure you feel comfortable with the process before proceeding. Otherwise, do not proceed with these." So before attempting it I thought I'd ask for some help from you guys first before attempting it.

The NAS is running ReadyOS 6.9.5. The model is a RN31400.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
o0pz
Initiate

Re: RN314 shows wizard after reset

Update- Managed to get it working with the simplest and most dumb solution. There were two options on the Wizard page. Next or Cancel. Out of frustration I clicked Cancel and the main admin web interface came up.

I couldn't delete the thread after working it out. Guess it goes to show, sometimes the simplest answers are the best.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements