× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN516 - HDDs with different models or different firmwares

alaserguy
Follower

RN516 - HDDs with different models or different firmwares

So a while ago I started the process of upgrading all six 3TB drives from our RN516 to 6TB drives. I checked the compatibilty and ordered six of WD60EFRX. Once I recieved them (only recently), I started hotswapping the disks one-by-one, waiting for the drives to resync each time. There were never any errors so I assumed everything was going fine, but now I've noticed that one of the drives was actually recognized as a WD60PURX, which I found out is a model typically optimized for surveillance and should have the same hardware but different firmware. BUT, according to the admin page it actually has the same firmware as the normal WD60EFRX's (80.00A80). So I'm not sure if this is a problem. My other concern is that two of the other WD60EFRX's have their firmware listed as 01.00F.6, but are otherwise behaving normally.

So, I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me if any of this is worth worrying about and if I should ask the company to replace these drives for me.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN516 - HDDs with different models or different firmwares

My own WD60EFRX are running 82.00A82 firmware.

You can potentially update the firmware in a windows PC.  I would contact the seller on the WD60PURX, as you should get the product you purchased.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements