× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN626X and WD4003FFBX

cmatsinger
Aspirant

RN626X and WD4003FFBX

I am looking to get a new 626X and want WD Red Pro 4x4TB 7200 RPM drives. Checking WD, the WD4003FFBX is the latest model (4TB, 7200RPM, 256MB cache) but it is not listed on the supported drive list.

Anyone try these? Should I go with them or hunt for the models Netgear lists (WD4002FFWX, WD4001FFSX)? I cannot find the models Netgear lists for sale easily (assume they are old models) and they only have a 128MB cache.

Thanks in advance!

Model: RN626X | ReadyNAS 626X 6-Bay with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN626X and WD4003FFBX

Hi @cmatsinger

Welcome to the Community!

The WD4003FFBX is a NAS purposed drive and will be working with RN626X just fine. The NAS HCL has not been up to date lately and might need a lot of work since testing the drives is not that easy. It involves stringent disk qualification tests and a lot of models are to be tested.

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN626X and WD4003FFBX

Hi @cmatsinger

Welcome to the Community!

The WD4003FFBX is a NAS purposed drive and will be working with RN626X just fine. The NAS HCL has not been up to date lately and might need a lot of work since testing the drives is not that easy. It involves stringent disk qualification tests and a lot of models are to be tested.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements