× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND4000-200 NV+ v2 backup options?

aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

RND4000-200 NV+ v2 backup options?

Looking at the NV+ v2 product page:

http://www.netgear.com/service-provider/products/storage/residential-soho/rnd4000.aspx#two Product Specs tab

Backup
Integrated Backup Manager
Programmable backup button
Backup to/from CIFS/NFS/FTP/HTTP & RSYNC
Backup to/from USB disks
Bundled backup software: CDP (continuous data protection) backup software for Windows and Macintosh clients
System configuration backup and restore
Multi-system cloning
Replication to another ReadyNAS system
ReadyNAS Vault online backup with subscription option

I cannot find these options in Dashboard so are they supported or not (I fear not as a search indicates that)?
Message 1 of 3
chirpa
Luminary

Re: RND4000-200 NV+ v2 backup options?

Looks like they copy/pasted those specs from the v1 system. v2 lacks a lot of the original features.
Message 2 of 3
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: RND4000-200 NV+ v2 backup options?

Yes indeed. I wanted the v2 as future protection - I expect it to be the platform they invest in. But it has been out for >1 year now, so I would have thought these backup features could have made it to the top of the development pile.

I just find it very frustrating that quicker progress is not being made. And more frustrating that their website is not accurate. After all, this information is used to make purchasing decisions, so it's either lazy or deceitful - neither is good for any company.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements