× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND4000v.2 cannot use it

MAPW
Aspirant

RND4000v.2 cannot use it

I have bought a little-used RND4000 with leads and fitted a 4TB Disk. I've downloaded RAIDiator-arm-5.3.13 and unzipped it but cannot activate it as there is no .exe file. I can see the NAS on the router control panel but just have no idea how to see it on my PC. Any help would be welcome.

Mike

Model: RND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 13
StephenB
Guru

Re: RND4000v.2 cannot use it

@MAPW wrote:

I have bought a little-used RND4000 with leads and fitted a 4TB Disk. I've downloaded RAIDiator-arm-5.3.13 and unzipped it but cannot activate it as there is no .exe file. I can see the NAS on the router control panel but just have no idea how to see it on my PC. Any help would be welcome.

Mike

First let's confirm the model that you purchased. 

The original NV+ (called a v1 here)

• runs 4.1.x firmware
  • says NV+ on the front panel
  • has other labels that may say v2 or v3

The NV+ v2

• runs 5.3.x firmware
  • says NV+ v2 on the front panel

The original NV+ can't run 5.3.13, and is also limited to <= 2 TB disks.  So it is very important to confirm what you have.

You might also try RAIDar: https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar  It should find your NAS and give you the model information and what firmware it is running.

Message 2 of 13
MAPW
Aspirant

Hi Stephen, thanks for the reply. The machine is NV+ V2 with space for 4 disks, one of which is filled.

Mike

Message 3 of 13
StephenB
Guru

https://nas-ip-address/admin will bring you to the NAS admin web ui (using the real IP Address of the NAS of course).

You will need to click through a security warning.  Use admin for the username and password for the password.  Once in, you can upgrade the firmware (uploading it from your PC to the NAS).

The manuals for your NAS are here:

Message 4 of 13
MAPW
Aspirant

Thanks again Stephen However, the user name 'admin' and password 'password' will not let me in.

Message 5 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@MAPW wrote:

Thanks again Stephen However, the user name 'admin' and password 'password' will not let me in.

Try netgear1 as the password.

Message 6 of 13
MAPW
Aspirant

No luck here either.

Message 7 of 13
Sandshark
Sensei

You said it came with one drive.  And you left it installed?  If the previous owner had set a different password, that's your issue.  Don't worry, it's only stored on the drive, not in flash memory in the NAS, so all you need to do is a factory default per the information here: How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-NV-v2 .  That will wipe the drives (I'm assuming that you don't need anything the previous owner left on it) and let you start fresh with the default configuration, including admin password.

Message 8 of 13
MAPW
Aspirant

OK, I'm now up and running; I can see the NAS in my network, connected via my router. I have no idea, however, how to do anything else, such as transferring all my data onto it. Can you help or point me in the right direction?

Mike

Message 9 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@MAPW wrote:

Can you help or point me in the right direction?

Manuals are here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RND4000v2_(ReadyNAS_NV_plus_v2).aspx

You'll also to enable the SMB 1 client in Windows 10 (it's in turn window features on or off). Microsoft will give you a security warning, but you need to ignore it.

Message 10 of 13
MAPW
Aspirant

Thanks, I've enabled the SMB 1 Client but I still cannot see the RNAS from the PC.

Message 11 of 13
Sandshark
Sensei

Have you tried looking for it via RAIDar (available here: https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads )?

Message 12 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@MAPW wrote:

Thanks, I've enabled the SMB 1 Client but I still cannot see the RNAS from the PC.

What happens if you enter \\nas-ip-address in the file explorer address bar (using the real IP address of the NAS)?  Be careful to use the correct slash.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements