× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RNRX4420-100NAS Power Supply Replacement

Sourii415e
Aspirant

RNRX4420-100NAS Power Supply Replacement

I have an RNRX4420-100NAS (ReadyNAS 2100 [likely a v2]) that I have found that the power supply is bad on. I am seeing a lot of answers for the NV units but not this guy. Any help in finding this would be appreciated as I would love to restore my NAS to an operational state.

Also while I have this unit open, I noticed it has a DDR2 800ECC UDIMM module. Has anyone tried upgrading this unit's Memory, I would be stoked if we could upgrade it to a 2GB or 4GB Module?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: RNRX4420-100NAS Power Supply Replacement

Since it's an RNRX4420, it's a V2.  An RNRX4410, is a V1.

The 2100V1 uses the same kind of supply as the NV+, except that I believe the fan is still installed.  I don't know for sure about the V2, though I believe it's the same.  Can you provide a picture of the insides?

Message 2 of 4
Sourii415e
Aspirant

I can but the power supply at this point is long gone. However, I can confirm that there are no vent holes for a power supply with a fan. So if the NV has a fanless power supply that may very well be the power supply for this unit. it has 4 mounting points from the looks of it. Also, has anyone attempted to upgrade the RAM in one of these units with any luck?20220820_123612.jpg

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

While the power supply for the NV+ and other legacy 5-drive units is fanless, they have a baffle to deflect air from the main fan through them, and that airflow would be in the wrong direction for that chassis.  That supply is basically a re-wired Flex ATX (mini ITX) supply with altered wiring (see ReadyNAS_PSU_pinout ),  I think you'd need some sort of support plate for one of them to work.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements