× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RR2304: Connectivity question: eSATA? Rear image?

DJ9PZ
Aspirant

RR2304: Connectivity question: eSATA? Rear image?

I'm interested in the Netgear ReadyNAS RR2304, but the information available is not consistent:

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: RR2304: Connectivity question: eSATA? Rear image?

I don't own this unit, but I'm pretty sure the answer is that it doesn't support eSATA.  Netgear is dropping the EDA500 expansion chassis, and is no longer providing eSATA connectors on the newer NAS desktop models.  I'm thinking they are also dropping them on the rackmounts.

I have requested that someone from Netgear follow up, but it is a short week in the US, so they might not respond right away.  I've also pointed out that their rackmount hardware manual doesn't (yet) include the RR2304.

Message 2 of 5
DJ9PZ
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for your reply!

In the meantime I found on some Korean page detailed pictures of the RR2304 NAS, including a view of the rear (Link).

It's not that eSATA is a necessity to me, but I'm new to Netgear ReadyNAS and haven't found much in the manuals in regard to eSATA anyway.

Do you know by any chance why there is a DisplayPort connector on a rack mounted NAS?

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@DJ9PZ wrote:

Do you know by any chance why there is a DisplayPort connector on a rack mounted NAS?

No.  Console output?

Message 4 of 5
Frank888
NETGEAR Expert

It is confirmed that there is no e-SATA port on RR2304.

The mini DP port is reserved for dispaly output in the fufure.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements